Never Alone

Written By: LJ


“Sooner or later, you are going to learn not to go along with those two boys’ hare-brained schemes.” Jayson punctuated about every third word with a swat of the paddle.

“Owww! I’m sorry! Stop! Please, Jayson,” Riley wailed as he tried unsuccessfully to crawl off his partner’s lap. He was sobbing uncontrollably by the time Jayson ended the paddling.

Several moments passed before Jayson helped his young lover to stand up and steered him into the bathroom. There he gave Riley a drink of water, gently washed his face to cool him off, and led him back to their bed. After pulling down the blankets, he settled his still crying partner in the middle of the bed and stretched out beside him. Gathering Riley closer and putting the young man’s head on his shoulder, Jayson started whispering soothing words of comfort and forgiveness as he rubbed his lover’s back.

“All right, sweetheart. It’s over. Calm down and take a deep breath.”

“I-I’m really s-sorry, Jayson.” Riley wiped his eyes and nose on Jayson’s T-shirt. “We were j-just having fun.”

“I know you’re sorry, babe, but that kind of fun is just plain reckless and this entire evening could have ended with many, more-dire results. And, young man, this is not the first time you have been punished for getting into trouble by involving yourself in one of these poorly thought-out ideas of Pete and Freddie.” Jayson spoke patiently but firmly.

“I know,” Riley admitted, wiping away the last of his tears. “I’ll never get in another grocery cart. Promise!”

“Good plan!” Jayson agreed before adding. “You are also grounded for the next two weeks.”

“That’s not fair,” Riley whined. “What about our vacation? We’re supposed to go up to the cabin for two weeks.”

“We are still going, but we’ll be spending the time practically glued to each other. Just the three of us.”

“Three of us?” Riley looked up with confusion written across his face.

“Yep! You, me, and Mother Nature.” Jayson laughed at his Brat’s exaggerated sigh of exasperation.

“Didn’t you ask Rowan if he and Darby would join us for a few days?”

“I did, but Rowan didn’t think they would be able to come up. I wouldn’t be surprised if Darby is also grounded for his part in tonight’s activities.”

Riley clearly understood the implications behind that statement. “I’m glad I finally got to meet Darby. I like him and I was hoping we would be able to spend some time together at the cabin.”

“I’m sure you will get to do that before too long. Now let’s try to get some sleep, sweetheart. We’re both tired and have a long trip ahead of us tomorrow.” Jayson continued to rhythmically rub Riley’s back until his young lover fell asleep. Then he finally drifted off as well.

************

By noon the next day, Jayson and Riley were on the road, heading for their mountain get-away. While Riley had finished packing their belongings into the SUV, Jayson had touched base with Rowan, who once again confirmed he and Darby had no plans to join them at this time.

They had been travelling for almost an hour when, noticing a lull in the conversation, Jayson looked over to see Riley had fallen asleep. The younger man had not slept well last night and it had taken a little time for him to find a comfortable position for the four-hour drive. Smiling at the innocent, youthful face of his lover, Jayson thought once again how much he loved this precious Brat of his. He could not imagine what his life would be like were Riley not a part of it.

Jayson let his mind wander back three years to a time when the company he worked for had replaced all the out-dated computer systems. He remembered how fortunate it was that the supplier of the new system had provided an extensive support program. He was the company’s chief accountant and had spent several hours trying unsuccessfully to download his files into the new system. He was becoming rather frustrated when he heard a voice.

"Need some help?"

Looking over his shoulder, Jayson saw a handsome young man standing in the doorway to his office. “I think I do,” Jayson replied.

Entering the room, the young man smiled and extended his hand. “I’m Riley Harrison. I’m part of the support team installing this system.”

Putting his hand in Riley’s, Jason introduced himself. “Jayson Stoneman. You have arrived just in time, because I was about to call it a day and go home.” With Riley’s help, Jayson’s computer was soon up and running.

The two men saw each other several times over the next few days as Riley had been assigned to assist the employees in Jayson’s department with setting up the new system. One evening a couple of weeks later, Jayson was leaving the office when he bumped into Riley. Both men had been working a bit later than usual. At Jayson’s invitation, they ended up dining together at a small Greek restaurant Jayson frequented.

“How long have you been working for the airline?” asked Riley while they waited for their order.

“About seven years now. I got my Bachelor of Business Administration and I began working there almost immediately while I continued my studies until I qualified as a Chartered Accountant. I started my present position right after I qualified,” Jayson replied. “I really enjoy my work, especially when my computer system is working properly.” Both men laughed at that comment.

Jayson waited until their dinner arrived before asking his guest about his work and what had made him choose to go into the computer business.

“I’ve always liked computers. Two of my best friends and I decided we wanted to have our own business instead of working for someone else. We all finished school at the same time and with a little help from our families, we were able to start our own company a couple of years ago. At first we just sold and repaired computer equipment and provided introductory lessons for beginners. Then we decided to expand to setting up systems in local business offices. Man, getting the contract to set up your new system was really a big break for us.”

“You seem rather young to have accomplished so much,” observed Jayson.

“I’ve just turned twenty-one and I am the youngest of the three of us. We just worked hard and had a couple of lucky breaks, I guess.”

From Riley’s enthusiasm, Jayson knew the younger man felt good about what he did, and well he should.

“Ummmm, do you mind me asking how old you are?” Riley asked tentatively. “And if you have any hobbies?”

“No, I don’t mind at all. I will be twenty-seven in a couple of months and I enjoy camping, fishing and a variety of outdoor sports. I also like to play pool and go bowling. I relax by playing the guitar.”

“Hey, I like pool and bowling too; I also like hockey and of course, video games. Go figure!” Riley laughed.

“Well, it’s great to see we have a few things in common,” Jayson added with a smile. “I’d like it if we could get together again in the future. How do you feel about the idea?”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” was Riley’s whole-hearted reply. “But, I won’t be seeing you every day after this Friday because we will have completed setting up the new system.

“Don’t worry,” Jayson assured his young friend, “we’ll have plenty of time in the evenings and on the weekends to see each other.”

They started to spend a lot of their free time together and over the next several weeks slowly developed a close comfortable friendship.

Jayson eventually met Riley’s business partners, Pete and Freddie, when he dropped by the apartment the three friends shared. From the impression Jayson got, the young men enjoyed living in a state of what they referred to as ‘organized confusion’. They believed in living only for the moment and having as much fun as possible.

“Pete, Freddie, and I met in grade school,” Riley explained. “Pete and I were in the fourth grade and Freddie was in the fifth. It was really neat when Freddie failed in grade ten because then we were able to graduate high school and attend college together.”

Jayson didn’t think deliberately failing in school was neat but kept his thoughts to himself.

“Pete and Freddie have known for years that I’m gay but they don’t have a problem with it. They’re great pals and we have had some awesome adventures.”

Jayson really didn’t want to know too much about these adventures this early in their friendship.

Riley had been introduced to Jayson’s best friend, Rowan, when Jayson had taken him up to the cabin for the first time.

“We come up here as frequently as possible. We have been slowly building this cabin for the past three years and someday may even get it finished,” Jayson laughed. Riley was more than happy to become a member of Jayson and Rowan’s work force.

“Rowan and I met in university and shared an apartment with two fellow students who left town after graduating. We still keep in touch with Glen and TJ even though we don’t see them as often as we'd like.” Jayson had shared this information with Riley while they worked together putting up paneling in the family room. “Rowan graduated two years after I did and we ended up working for the same airline. We spend quite a bit of our leisure time together. That is, of course, when Rowan isn't out of town trouble-shooting for the company. With all his travelling, it’s a good thing he doesn’t have a partner.”

Jayson regularly invited Riley to his home so they could relax, enjoy private time and have the opportunity to get to know each other better. Riley liked Jayson’s home. He felt comfortable and contented there. They prepared meals together and Jayson would play the guitar and sing to him whenever Riley requested him to. Jayson had a smooth baritone voice and played country music, which suited Riley just fine.

Jayson eventually decided to ask Riley if he’d move in with him, share his home and be his partner. They took a long time to discuss the type of relationship that would work best for them and would meet both their needs and desires. The day finally arrived when Riley moved into his new home.

Jayson was pulled from his musing when the young man stirred beside him.

“Are we almost there?” Riley asked as he rubbed at his eyes.

“In about an hour, babe. Feeling better?” Jayson asked gently.

The young man shifted slightly. “Still a little sore.”

“Hmmm. While you were sleeping, I was reminiscing about when and how we got together.”

“Happy thoughts, eh?” Riley teased.

“Always!” Jayson answered softly and smiled over at his partner.

“After last night, I can’t help remembering the first time you spanked me. I mean, we had set up our rules and everything. I had already been grounded, done lines, or been swatted, but I still remember why I was spanked that first time,” Riley grimaced.

“It’s unfortunate you don’t remember before you repeat the same offence, instead of after; although you are thinking first a lot more than you used to.”

“I know, I know. My first spanking from you was because of my involvement in some mischief with Pete and Freddie,” Riley pouted and reminded his partner, “but we were just having fun!”

“Well, you should have known better. Hiding people’s doormats, soaping their windows and toilet-papering their homes is never acceptable even if it is Mat Night.” Jayson tried to remain stern and not laugh at Riley’s expressions.

“Well, I still say we were just having fun,” Riley repeated once again.

“Famous last words,” Jayson declared and both men laughed as they enjoyed the camaraderie of the moment.

“We have some things to pick up at the grocery store in the village. I’m sure you’ll appreciate getting off your backside for a few minutes,” Jayson said, winking at his lover.

“Very funny!” griped the younger man.

As they entered a small grocery store, Jayson grabbed a cart. “Want to hop in? I’ll push,” he teased.

Riley groaned and just walked on ahead, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. “A real comedian,” he muttered, knowing the older man was teasing him about last night’s mischief. It was Jayson’s way of assuring Riley all was forgiven and over with.

Jayson and Riley spent several days relaxing and enjoying their well-deserved vacation. The warm weather enabled them to take pleasure in many outdoor activities. The fish were biting and provided them with several delicious meals. Both men were getting well-rested and acquiring nice all-over tans. Due to Riley’s grounding, they were spending the entire time at the cabin and had not spoken to or even seen another living soul. Although they were at first content with the solitude, half way through the second week Riley started to chafe a little and complain about getting bored. Fortunately, the situation changed before Riley became petulant enough to get himself in trouble. On Thursday morning Jayson received a phone call and a special request from Rowan.

************

It was shortly after five o’clock when Rowan picked up Darby at the Community Day Camp where the young man was working for the summer. As a result of Darby’s grounding, Rowan had been driving his partner back and forth to his job for over a week now and the younger man was starting to find the restrictions irritating.

“I have something to talk over with you, Sweets, and I don’t think you are going to be too happy about it.” Rowan was not looking forward to the argument he knew his news would cause.

“Do we have to talk about it right now?” Darby moaned. He was over-heated, weary and cranky after a long day in the sun spent chasing after a bunch of kids intent on doing anything other than what they were asked to do.

“No, we don’t have to discuss this right now. In fact, I can see it would be better if it waited until after you’ve showered and we’ve had supper. Hopefully by then, you will be in a better mood.” Rowan had easily picked up on his lover’s attitude.

“Okay! I’m really hot and tired but I’m not at all hungry.”

“I’ll just fix up something light while you have your shower. You are going to eat and I don’t want to hear any arguments,” Rowan insisted. He tried to keep track of Darby’s eating habits in order to prevent a re-occurrence of the young man’s health problems of a couple of months ago.

Darby felt somewhat refreshed after his shower but he still barely managed to eat enough to keep Rowan satisfied.

Rowan made allowances for his Brat’s exhaustion and decided someone was in need of a very early bedtime but first Rowan had to tell Darby about the changes for the coming weekend and he knew the young man would probably not be too receptive.

Seated comfortably in his recliner and looking at his partner slouched in a corner of the sofa, Rowan took a deep breath in preparation for their discussion.

“Sweetheart, something unexpected has come up and I have to take a quick trip out of town this weekend.” Darby’s wail of indignation wasn’t unexpected.

“What! Why? How long will you be gone?” Darby ranted as he jumped up from the couch and began to pace around the living room. “I thought you said you didn’t have to travel anymore. I thought you wouldn’t be leaving me alone again.”

“No, I didn’t say that. What I said was; my new position will require far less travel than my last one, but that I might still have to make a trip once in a while.” Rowan spoke in a quiet voice hoping to keep things calm. He reached over and grabbed Darby’s hand as the young man passed his chair while circling the room for a second time. One quick jerk and Darby found himself sitting on Rowan’s lap.

“All right, settle down! I’m not going to continue this conversation until you are calm enough to listen and understand what I’m saying.” Rowan wrapped his arms around the smaller man and held him close.

Darby took a deep breath. He knew Rowan was giving him a time-out and a chance to avoid getting himself in trouble. He put his head down on the older man’s shoulder and worked at trying to relax.

Rowan gave Darby a few minutes before lifting the younger man’s head and studying his face. The green eyes were still flashing and the pout was still there but his Brat was more self-composed.

“There has been an unforeseen problem with one of our planes. The engineers taking care of it have run into more than they can handle. I agreed to be there Friday evening. That will give them time to get the new parts delivered for me to work with. More importantly, it will give me the time I need to get you settled. I am not going to leave you alone.”

“Can I go with you?” Darby asked hopefully.

“Not this time, Darby. I’ve made arrangements for you to stay with Jayson and Riley at the cabin.”

“No! I don’t want to stay with Jayson.” Darby actually bounced on Rowan’s lap.

“Stop that!” Rowan ordered while landing a heavy swat on his partner’s rear-end.

Darby pouted as he rubbed his backside and settled down once again. He continued to glare at the older man to let Rowan know how unhappy he was.

“We’ll be driving up to the cabin early tomorrow morning. I’ll stay with you for a couple of hours and then I’ll drive back here in time to catch my flight.”

“But I have to work a half day on Friday,” Darby reminded the other man.

“I’m sure you’ll be able to get the time off. We’ll talk it over with Shelley and get her help to find a replacement for those few hours.”

“I really don’t have any say in this, do I?” Darby sulked.

“Of course, you have some say,” Rowan assured his partner. “I just didn’t want to leave you alone, but you can choose to stay with Jayson and Riley or you can be here at home by yourself. Remember you are still grounded, so you can’t leave the house or have anyone in. Which do you prefer?” Rowan asked gently.

“I guess I’ll go to the cabin ‘cause I’d really like to see Riley again. I’ll just make sure to stay out of Jayson’s way.” Darby still wasn’t happy but begrudgingly acknowledged he didn’t want to be on his own.

“Thank you, sweetheart. I think that’s the best way to go.” Rowan hugged the younger man and kissed him.

“I can ask Toby to take my shift tomorrow,” Darby suggested around a yawn. “I bet he’ll do it because he likes working with Shelley. I think he has a crush on her.” The young man smiled slightly for the first time that evening and snuggled closer against Rowan’s chest.

Knowing how tired Darby was, Rowan decided to leave the rest of their conversation for tomorrow so both of them could have an early night. “Let’s get ready for bed, love. You’re really worn out and having a hard time dealing with all these unforeseen changes. We’ll finalize our plans first thing in the morning. Okay?”

Darby nodded, got off Rowan’s lap and waited as his partner locked up for the night and turned off the lights; then taking his hand, walked with him up the stairs to their room.

************

Friday morning found Rowan and Darby heading for the mountains. “How often do you go up to Jayson’s cabin?” Darby wanted to know.

“It’s not just Jayson’s property,” Riley explained. “We are co-owners. Several years ago, I received the land as part of an inheritance. I used the monetary portion of the inheritance to put a down payment on the house and then couldn’t afford to develop the land. Jayson offered to pay half of the land value and together we slowly started building. It took many weekends and a lot of our vacations over the years to get most the work done. We also had help from some of our friends who didn’t mind taking a working holiday now and again. We’ve sure had a lot of good times doing it.”

“Did Riley help with it after he got together with Jayson?”

“Yes! Mind you, on the odd weekend Pete and Freddie joined us, it was hard to determine whether they were more of a hindrance than a help,” Rowan laughed, remembering some of the antics of the three young men.

“Is the cabin finished?” Darby, sensing how much the mountain get-away meant to Rowan, was hoping he’d be able to add something to this home-away-from-home.

“We still have some finishing work to do. It is still a little…umm…shall we say, rough in places. But all the heavy construction is completed.”

Rowan noticed Darby was having a hard time keeping his eyes opened. The liquid Gravol he had given the younger man was starting to make him drowsy. Rowan had learned that during extensive car travel Darby would get motion sickness. He hoped the Gravol would alleviate the problem.

“Why don’t you try to sleep for a couple of hours, Sweets?” Rowan encouraged. “Just put the seat back a bit and relax.” He smiled at his Brat when Darby mumbled a refusal while still complying with a sigh of contentment.

They received a warm welcome at the cabin, as Jayson and Riley were only too happy to have visitors. Riley because he was getting so bored and Jayson because he was getting fed-up with Riley’s complaints of being bored.

Rowan gave Darby a brief tour of the cabin before putting his duffel bag in their bedroom. “You can unpack later, Darby. Let’s go see what Jay has planned for lunch.”

Following Rowan down to the kitchen, Darby noticed something missing. “Hey! Where’s the TV and DVD player?”

“There isn’t one!” Riley informed him.

“You can’t be serious!” Darby didn’t want to accept what Riley was telling him.

“The big guys don’t want that kind of entertainment here. There’s no TV, no VCR or DVD player, no renting movies or video games.” Riley laughed at Darby’s shocked expression. “We spend most our time outside. In lousy weather we stay in and play board games or cards or put together puzzles.”

“Which is why I brought up a new game and two new puzzles,” Rowan added to Riley’s explanation, “just in case the weather unexpectedly takes a turn for the worst.”

“Great, man! Where are they?” Riley asked.

“I left them in a bag by the front door.” Rowan hardly had the words out of his mouth before Riley left the room to fetch the new items. Rowan couldn’t resist pulling Darby into his arms and laughing at the young man who still had a look of shock on his youthful face.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Darby complained.

“I didn’t realize it was that important.”

“Yeah! Right!” Darby muttered.

Rowan and Jayson both chuckled at this and after reaching over to ruffle Darby’s hair, Jayson suggested, “Let’s eat!”

The four men enjoyed a companionable meal, discussing various activities for the remaining two days at the cabin. After lunch the older men began the clean-up while the younger ones went into the other room to check out the cupboard which housed all the games and puzzles.

“How did Darby react to the plans for the weekend?” Jayson asked Rowan now that they had a few minutes alone.

“He jumped around a bit and it certainly wasn’t for joy,” Rowan chuckled. “He finally resigned himself to the fact that coming up here was for the best.”

“He is probably rethinking that after discovering the lack of electronic equipment.”

“It’s only for two days. He’ll survive.”

“Riiight!” Jason teased. “We’ll be heading back to the city around noon on Sunday. Your return flight gets in at five o’clock in the afternoon, so we’ll be home shortly before you. You can pick up Darby at our place, if that’s okay.”

“Thanks! That will work out just fine. Oh, before I forget it, here is Darby’s Gravol. You’ll need this because he doesn’t travel long distances very well. If I leave it with him, he will deliberately forget to take it.” Trying to keep a straight face, Rowan added, “By the way, he told me to tell you that you can’t spank him.”

“What makes him think I’d do that?” Jayson laughed as he asked the question.

“Well, he’s still adjusting to our relationship. He learned less than two weeks ago that yours and Riley’s is similar and he’s a little unsure of how we react to unacceptable behaviour from each other’s Brat.”

“I certainly hope you let him know I would never spank him, anymore than you would spank Riley.”

“I did, but I also let him know if he acted up you could and would punish him either by giving him lines to write, corner time, or even a well-placed, warning swat if warranted. Of course, he wasn’t too happy about the notion but realized he could avoid it by behaving properly.”

“I’m sure he’ll be fine. I know he’s a little more skittish than Riley was when we started our relationship. Just not quite as resilient,” Jayson observed.

“You’re right! But I’ve found gentleness and patience go a long way in defusing a situation before it gets out of hand. He responds well to a time-out if he’s held securely and he doesn’t often fly off the handle. He just reacts poorly when he is overwhelmed or frightened.”

Jayson nodded his understanding. “Riley actually takes most things in stride but he does have a temper that can get him into trouble as well as a habit of not thinking through an idea before acting upon it.”

The two men were aware of the different needs of each other’s partners and would try their best to meet those needs whenever the younger men were put in their care.

Meanwhile, Darby and Riley set up the card table in the family room and began putting together one of the new puzzles.

“How do you like being with Rowan?” Riley questioned his friend.

“It’s great. We’ve had some neat times together. I feel safe and very comfortable with him,” Darby answered.

“But?” Riley pushed.

Darby wasn’t at all sure if he wanted to talk about his feelings or how to even do so.

“You know, our partners are very much alike,” Riley confided, hoping to put the younger man at ease. “I mean, they’re both Tops.”

“Yeah, I know, and we are both Brats. Rowan kind of explained it to me.” Darby sat quietly while he gathered his thoughts before continuing. “I really love Rowan and I know he loves me and wants the best for both of us. I’m just not sure about some of this discipline stuff. You’ve probably figured out Rowan spanked me for racing in those grocery carts a couple of weeks ago.”

“Yeah! I got paddled for that particular stunt. Jayson was really cross and he sure let me have it.”

“Don’t you ever think we’re too old to be spanked?”

“Sometimes, especially at the time it is happening. I know Jayson would never do anything to harm me. I also know the way we live works for us. Without Jayson’s help, I’d probably be getting into some serious trouble and who knows where I’d end up.”

“I kind of understand what you’re saying. Rowan helps me, too. Especially with taking care of my health and keeping up-to-date with my studies so I don’t get anxious and overwhelmed about stuff.”

“Do you trust Rowan to take care of things?”

“Yes, I trust him,” Darby answered, knowing he really did. “Rowan and I set up our rules and the consequences for breaking them. It took a lot of discussion and he says we can talk about it anytime and we can adjust things as our needs change. And like you, I know my partner would never hurt me and together we can make our relationship work for both of us. I just wouldn’t want anyone else to know how we handle things,” Darby finished shyly.

“Hey! You don’t need to tell anyone. It’s no one else’s business and who cares what anyone else thinks anyway, right?”

Darby nodded. He though it was neat to find someone to talk to besides his partner. It felt good to be able to discuss the things that confused him with another Brat who understood and wouldn’t think their relationship was strange or anything.

“You probably don’t know this, but Jayson has left me with Rowan a couple of times when he has gone out of town. One time, I had to stay a whole week.” Riley thought sharing this information would help Darby realize it wasn’t unusual for their partners to watch out for the younger men. “I think it kind of sets their minds at ease not having to worry about us being alone.”

“You didn’t mind him leaving you behind like that and with someone else?”

“No, 'cause the circumstances at the time prevented me from going with him, and at least I didn’t have to stay by myself.”

“I told Rowan to tell Jayson he couldn’t spank me and Rowan said that Jayson would never do that.”

“That’s right! Jayson would never spank you and Rowan would never spank me. I got into some trouble with Pete and Freddie the time I spent a week with Rowan. Like go figure, right?” Both young men started laughing.

“What did Rowan do about that?” Darby wanted to know.

“He grounded me for the rest of the time I was in his care and told Jayson everything I had done when he got home. Boy, did Jayson ever whale the tar out of me!”

Riley continued to tell Darby about some of the trouble he had gotten into in the past and the boys were still laughing hysterically when their partners joined them several minutes later.

Rowan looked at the two younger men and rolled his eyes. “I’m not even going to ask. Are you, Jay?”

“Nope, I really don’t want to know,” Jayson laughed and slapped Rowan on the back.

The men talked and worked together on the puzzle until it was time for Rowan to leave.

Standing next to the car, Rowan pulled Darby into his arms. “Take care, sweetheart. Listen to Jayson and behave yourself. Don’t forget your sunscreen if you go swimming or boating. I’ll see you in two days.”

“I don’t want you to go,” Darby whispered against Rowan’s neck. He had wanted to send his partner away without any worries but at the last minute he just couldn’t keep up the pretence of everything being okay.

“I know, baby. It’s not for long and the time will go by fast. You’ll be fine,” Rowan assured his young lover.

Seeing the uncertainty in his Brat’s face, Rowan reached up and unclasped the gold chain he wore around his neck. It had been a graduation gift from his parents and this was the first time he would be taking it off since he had received it just over six years ago. He gently secured it around Darby’s neck.

“Will you take care of this for me until I get back? It will help you remember I love you and I’m still with you even when we are apart.”

Darby looked up into the dark blue eyes of the man he adored and saw all the love, care and tenderness the older man felt towards him. At Darby’s nod, Rowan held him for a couple more minutes and then kissed him goodbye.

As Rowan got behind the steering wheel of his car, Darby put his hand on the older man’s arm and softly said, “I love you, too. I know how much this necklace means to you and I’ll take good care of it. I’m going to be okay. Honest!”

Waving as Rowan drove away, Darby yelled, “Have a good trip. See you Sunday afternoon.” He softly rubbed the gold chain hanging around his neck. The necklace still held the warmth from Rowan’s body.

‘Rowan is right,’ Darby thought contentedly. ‘Even when he isn’t with me, I am never alone!’

The End


This is an epilogue to ‘Never Alone’

I Love How You Love Me

Darby was resting in his favourite place. It had been a long weekend and had felt like it would never end, but he was finally curled up on Rowan’s lap. The men were sharing the big recliner in their living room and listening to the music coming from the CD player.

“You were gone soooo long,” Darby complained with his lip out.

“Baby, it was only two days,” Rowan reminded his partner for at least the twentieth time. “It was the first business trip I’ve taken in almost three months.”

“Well, I didn’t like it. And it seemed much longer than two days.”

“You had a good time up at the cabin with Riley. Jayson told me the two of you spent most the time down at the lake as naked as jay birds.” Rowan laughed as he thought about the mental picture his friend had painted of their two ‘water babies’.

“Yeah, but it would have been even more fun if you had been with us.” Squirming against the bigger man, Darby grinned and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. “Now, we’ll just have to make up for lost time.”

“Yeah, that works for me,” Rowan agreed as he pulled the younger man closer, “but I thought we had already done that. We brought each other up-to-date on our weekend activities at dinner and then there was that oh, sooo long shower.” Rowan smiled down at his lover.

The two men were reconnecting after a weekend apart. They were receiving comfort from each other’s presence, both relishing in the feel of their partner’s naked body as they cuddled up in the big recliner.

“Well, we’ve only made up for Saturday. What about today?” Darby’s eyes sparkled as he gently rubbed his fingers over the chain that was once again where it belonged around Rowan’s neck.

“What would you like to do, little one? You look like you have something in mind.”

“Will you sing to me? Please!” Darby begged. He loved his partner’s beautiful tenor voice.

They were reveling in the love and commitment they shared as another song started to play. It was The Paris Sisters singing ‘I Love How You Love Me’. Rowan started softly singing along.

I love how your eyes close whenever you kiss me,
And when I’m away from you I love how you miss me.
I love the way you always treat me tenderly,
But, Darling, most of all, I love how you love me.

Stretching out over his lover’s body and listening to him with a look of wonder in his eyes, Darby gently traced fingertips over Rowan’s strong, chiseled features and thought of how much he loved the older man.

Rowan was enjoying the feel of the small fingers gliding like butterfly wings over his cheeks. ‘Talented fingers that draw marvelous sounds from the piano and the flute,’ Rowan thought as he continued singing to the man in his arms and watching the beautiful, expressive face in front of him.

I love how your heart beats whenever I hold you.
I love how you think of me without being told to.
I love the way your touch is always heavenly,
But, Darling, most of all, I love how you love me.

Rowan pulled his young lover closer for a soul-searing kiss and felt the tremors flow through the smaller man’s body. Darby covered Rowan’s neck and chest with gentle caresses and soft, loving kisses as his partner sang the next verse of the song.

I love how your eyes close whenever you kiss me,
And when I’m away from you I love how you miss me.
I love the way your touch is always heavenly,
But, Darling, most of all, I love how you love me.

Rowan stopped singing as his hands roamed over Darby’s body causing the smaller man to writhe while grinding his hips against Rowan’s. Watching the expressions of delight on his lover’s face, Rowan began to tenderly make love to his young partner.

As the song ended, two lovers’ pleasure peaked and sent them over the edge in a joint climax.

I love how you hug me,
I love how you squeeze me, tease me, please me,
Love how you love me, I love how you love me.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment